Wednesday, December 10, 2014

I am shameless, I am free, I am Yours!

“There is therefore now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus.” Romans 8:1 
I have been spending a lot more time in the bible lately. My "quiet" time with God was something I would try and fit in with my busy schedule but now I've made it mandatory. Whenever my daughter is done with her morning bottle, I usually put her in her puppy rocker to watch Doc McStuffins or Mickey Mouse Clubhouse while I do my morning pump session and she takes her first nap of the day. The past couple of weeks I have been using this time to get off Facebook and read a few of my devotions and spend some time digging into His word. No better way to start the day right?? The book of Romans has been a place I've been lead to lately by God. It's I have a few of my life verses and I feel like my quiet time has been ending up there. 
One of my favorite sources for devotionals, and anything else positive, is with Proverbs 31 Ministries. They are such a great group of honest and God loving women that I really feel like I'm spending quality time with when I read through a daily devotion. Today's was titled: Shame On Me, Again by Vicki Courtney. It starts with the verse from Romans 8:1, which is a very powerful verse. The devotion is all about shame. How shame compares to guilt, regret or embarrassment. 
One thing Vicki said that struck me was "Guilt is always connected to behavior, while shame is always connected to identity. While guilt draws us toward God, shame sends us away from God."
Shame is such a strong emotion to feel. I have done more then my fair share of things in the past that bring that emotion on. Not quite as much anymore as I continue grow with Jesus but there are times I will be driving on my own, flipping through radio stations and a song will be playing that causes such a sting in my heart. A sting from a song that reminds me of a time in my life when I was so far from Jesus. I get a clammy feeling and a lump in my throat when think about that time; even being by myself.
BUT! Here's the beautiful thing that Romans 8:1 speaks perfectly: There is NO condemnation as long as Jesus is my Lord and Savior. I don't have to feel shame! I don't have to hear or see a reminder when shame comes around and coward down from God. With Jesus, I am FREE! Isn't that great to just say out loud??!
I AM FREE!!
This devotion was such a great reminder for me when I get to feel that way and like Vicki, I plan to keep slamming the door in shames face; making it go far away. You can too! 


Has anybody else completely engulfed themselves into the holiday season?! I totally have! I mean, I'm talking hot cocoa, warm PJ's and Elf every night! (I'll watch Elf in July though too, haha.)
It is such a wonderful time of year. Ever since I was little, my parents and I have decorated the tree and house together and since this year Eric and I weren't really able to do that in our own home, we were even happier to carry on with that tradition, with them, in their home! My mom and I felt very nostalgic looking at all the special ornaments that have been collected over the years; some since before I was even born. It is SO very wonderful having Makenna here this year and I'd love to share a few of our special moments from last night :)

The finished product :)

My two favorites :)

Santa baby! Seriously though, isn't she the cutest?!

I get all the goofiness from my Daddy, haha.
I hope you all are just loving this time of year as much as I am! 

I am so blessed to hear from others all around the world. This blog has been such a way to connect with different people and I really appreciate those that keep up with me and have become my email buddies! As always, I'm here to chat about everything and anything: gfmamaj@gmail.com
MUCH, MUCH LOVE!!


No comments:

Post a Comment