Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Hi Amanda, meet Amanda

Well HELLO! 
Phew, it's been a minute hasn't it?
I can't even begin to tell you how many times life has, straight up, gotten in the way of me blogging. Literally, it has been non-stop since January. God has been moving and doing SO MUCH GOOD STUFF in the Janson household.
I became the worship leader at an exceptional, not-so-little, church named DECIDEDchurch and WOW what a ride that has been. The family and relationships that have already been formed are just more than incredible. I could go on and on about this church but..maybe another blog post ;)
I'm the mother to an almost 2 year old and well, that's always interesting! She's growing up to be such a sweet and precious little baby...we couldn't be more blessed! But TWO years old?!! WHOA! Motherhood is making time fly way too fast!
So much has been happening in our lives and in our hearts. I have learned so very much about myself and Jesus so far in 2016. I feel, almost, like a brand new person and I would love to share 5 things I've learned in the past 5 months!

1) God really DOES move. All.the.time.
Of course I know God is constantly working behind the scenes. He's shifting things sideways and upways and downways and putting all the puzzle pieces together. It's one thing to know and it's another thing to know AND SEE it happen. From the very beginning of my new journey at DECIDEDchurch I have seen God work in ways that I've never seen Him work before. I've watched Him orchestrate such beautiful and awesome things together, right before my eyes. He went above and beyond any of my expectations of what He can do and He STILL is! I see so many reasons as to what He was doing in certain areas of our life..why we couldn't buy a house when we wanted to, why He lead us to Irmo, etc!

2) It's never too late
I am turning 26 in less than a month. 26!!!! While this doesn't seem like a big deal to most, it is most definitely huge to me. Confession time.. I don't embrace age very well. It scares sometimes with how fast life seems to be going and a lot of the times I do not feel as old as I am! I mean, seriously, I feel like I just graduated high school! When going into this year and with the opportunity God was placing in front of me, I honestly thought that it was just too late to still go after my dreams and what I truly felt my calling always was. When He first laid on my heart (more like pounded and hammered) that I was meant to go to DECIDED and lead worship, I kept asking so many darn questions and one of them went something like: "I am almost 26 years old God. Why should I start investing in my future now? Maybe I am just meant to be a mom and wife for the rest of my life and thats it.. right?" Umm, WRONG! It's NEVER too late! 26 is obviously still young but I mean, even at 65 years old, if God is willing to go to the lengths of convicting me with my next move, I pray and hope that I still know then to do it. It's never too late to do something you love and use a skill or talent that God has given you. After all, it's only going to advance His kingdom!

3) I have the most supportive husband
I have to say that I appreciate my husband more and more every day. To be able to witness the transformation that Jesus has done on his life is one of my greatest joys. Through the entire process of making a decision to either leave the church we were out and take a next step or to just stay where we were..he never tried convinced me to stay where we both felt comfortable. He was firm on "If He's telling you to move, then move." And not only did he support my decision to leave our, then current, church but he trusted in what God was telling me to do and we made the move as a family. WOW! He is so dedicated to our marriage, to our family, to our church and to God. I am SO thankful for him!!!

4) Motherhood does not need to inhibit your plans at all
Before jumping into anything, I always question how it will affect Makenna and my time with her. I take staying home with her very seriously. It's been such a HUGE blessing and I'm thankful God has allowed it to go on as long as it has! I also feel as though I've been really reluctant to try anything new or jump into anything in fear that it would jeopardize how I go about motherhood. I've been using Makenna as a crutch to not try anything new.
But, at the same and somewhat confusing time, motherhood has also made me really brave. God has used Makenna to teach me so much about myself and these past 5 months have been such an eye opener as to how I treat my responsibility and joy of being a mom. Motherhood should NEVER prevent me from taking risks and doing things that I love! I've witnessed and just know that so many moms lose themselves in motherhood and forget about themselves. I feel that there's a way to accomplish both and I feel like I've finally found a great middle ground. I want Makenna to grow up and see what it's like to take risks and to listen to Jesus and do what He says to do. I realize that by sheltering myself from life, I'm also sheltering her. I love the lessons He teaches.
SIDE NOTE: I also have a GREAT support system. My parents are always around when I need them to be and take such great and gentle care of her. It really does take a village to raise a child.They are my people and my go-to sitters and I love them dearly for all their help!

5) I can do ALL things through CHRIST who gives me strength. (Philippians 4:13)
My belief in God and what He can do has grown at an incredible rate since starting this year. But it's been a growing season for how I view myself too. I've built a confidence that I never used to have. He's made me so bold and brave and it's a HUGE first for me. When everything first started with what God was laying on my heart, I had so many "but why me?" moments. I questioned His judgment! (Like..what?!!) I questioned His belief in me. "Lord, I appreciate it but what in heavens creation, makes you think I can do this. That I can lead people. That I can start a worship ministry from the ground up when I am still learning so much about You and about worship?! WHY ME!" But He's come through. Each and every week that I get up there and get to be used as a vessel for HIS church is such a blessing. I still can't believe I get to do it. I've never had to worry (ok I have maybe once or twice ;)) about what's happening next because He's already brought everything this far already. He's taught me to love the gift He's given me, even when others have something negative to say about it. He's taught me to LOVE, TRUST, and BELIEVE in myself, and more importantly, Him! To say that I've seen the fruit from that would be an understatement. We really can accomplish anything with His grace and strength. Two things of His I am so grateful for!


I could go on and on about how life has been the past 5 months but then a short blog post would turn into something like a research paper!
What was the point in writing all of this??
I can't express enough about how WORTH IT it is to follow Jesus, listen to Him and do what He tells you to do. I can't express enough about how wonderful He makes life and yes, there are hard seasons and while I'm soaring on eagles wings right now, I know hardship can still come at any minute. But I am SO DONE living my life constantly wondering when the other shoe will drop.
Life is so, so short and we have the options to make it so, so sweet. To use every day to take opportunities that He's placing in our hearts and in our hands and DO SOMETHING WITH IT!
Be encouraged, encourage somebody else. CHANGE THE WORLD!
I hope 2016 has been good, so far, for all of you and if it hasn't...it's not too late. It's never too late. Tell me what you'e learned so far this year! I'd love to hear!

Much love friends!









No comments:

Post a Comment