Saturday, February 14, 2015

Happy day of love!

Four years ago today I was celebrating my last Valentines Day alone and I didn't even know it. I was alone and sulking. I wish I knew then that 6 days later I would meet the love of my life!
I've never been a huge fan of Valentines Day, mainly because I never had anyone special to share it with. The day left me so bitter and hoping it would end, as soon as, it started. I mean, come on, being single can have a downside, especially on a day like today. I know, I'm not bring overly sensitive or positive here but stay with me!
I've been a wife for almost 4 years and while I'm still not a huge fan of this overly mushy day, I am not that bitter, young girl anymore because let me tell you:
IT'S WORTH THE WAIT!
It is worth waiting for the man that Jesus has instore for you. It's worth not settling for just anybody so that you're not alone for a Hallmark holiday!
For example: Eric and I vowed to not do anything for today..nada! We are looking to buy a home In the immediate future and our budget didn't include gifts for Valentines Day. Well this morning when he woke up, he handed me the sweetest card anyway! I was surprised, giddy and honestly, a little bit guilty because I had actually followed by the rule, haha. But to know he thought of me anyways just tickled my heart and makes me realize, again, how absolutely beautiful my life is with him.
I have a husband who declares his love for me every single day, not missing a beat, even when I've make it hard to love. I have a husband who has always treated me the upmost respect even when there were times I didn't deserve it. I am SO blessed that I followed the exact steps God needed me to take to get to Eric. I am SO blessed that God put it in me to know better then settling for less then the man I deserved. I am SUPER blessed to have a husband that chases after my heart through Jesus and leads me closer to Him as often as he can.
So while this may be "single awareness day" do not be bitter like I was, every V-Day; be thankful that you haven't settled. Be thankful that he or she is out there looking for you as well! Be thankful that you could take this time to better yourself so that you can bring great things into a relationship. Use this time and holiday to spread love to those you know (or don't know!) who need it most. I wish I had taken being single as a good thing; a ways to prepare for my future, but God had a different plan and I couldn't be happier with how it turned out!
Here's a peak into what your sweet day looked like:
Makenna received a Valentines Day frog from mama and daddy :)

Loving on her daddy!

This special princess is 6 months old today :)

Outback for lunch! 

Makenna selfie! 

What would be a Valentines Day post without a smoochie picture :)

I hope you all had a great weekend and a special day! Remember that God loves you more then anyone ever can and much love from me as well! 

A couple more things:
*I had more than a few emails asking for the link to my church, Newspring. Just click Here and that'll take you directly there! 

*Makenna turned 6 months today. WOW! She can officially say "dada" (when she wants to of course), roll over from back to belly and belly to back, sit up on her own, is cutting her first tooth, and loves organic baby food! Time is flying at a rapid speed and there are moments it makes me sad but motherhood just keeps getting more fun! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment