Wednesday, February 25, 2015

"I Do" forever

Most of you who follow this blog know the story of how Eric and I met and when we were married. If not, check out It All Started With A Toaster, and you can catch up!
I love my husband every single day (duh, haha) but there are days when I think back on all him and I have been through as a couple and as individuals and I cannot help but feel a sweet kind of nostalgic and love him even more. Lately, I've been seeing friends and family being separated from their spouses or significant others, whether because of divorce, a breakup, an affair, death or just falling out of love. I look at these situations and trials they are going through and it just makes me hug my husband a little tighter. It wrecks my heart to see what is happening to love and I know the best thing I can do for those going through situations like those I mentioned (and more) is to just be there and pray for them.
Seeing what others have been going through, allows my heart so see that I am seriously SO blessed to have been paired with the most perfectly, imperfect man. Eric has had me swooned from day one and while it takes quite some work to keep that fire going, I love him more every day. We were made to be together!
That doesn't mean things are or have been easy. The pervious post, that I mentioned above, shares the good memories on how our story began. But happily ever after doesn't come without seasons, arguments and doubts. We both made mistakes, hurt each other, been through job losses, infertility, money troubles and there were times when we weren't sure if we would make it. We didn't go to God at all, for anything. We worked against each other and not with each other and we weren't doing all we could to fulfill the vows we made to one another and to God.
But prayer changes things; allowing Jesus to come in and be the center of our marriage is still changing things between us. We still don't have it all together and we never will because we are two imperfect people who made a commitment to each other to create a beautiful, imperfect marriage and love. I think striving for perfection, at least for me, is what interfered the most.
"Therefore what God has joined together, let no man seperate."
-Matthew 19:6
I'm forever thankful to God for bringing Eric into my life. He is, hands down, my best friend and I know that no matter what situation comes our way that we will work it out.
Love is real, it's out there and it's His desire for everybody to find it. I'm a sucker for love and I'm a firm believer that everyone is meant to be with somebody. I am so proud and blessed to have a marriage like we do, that took hard work to get to where we are and I pray that everyone can find a love like that.
"Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud."
-1 Corinthians 13:4
If you ever need anything, you know where to find me: gfmama@gmail.com
Much love!



Since I've been feeling nostalgic, I thought I'd post some pictures from our wedding and the week of to show!

When Eric "officially" asked me to marry him

I was on cloud 9. I don't think I could've been any more giddy if I tried! 

The week of wedding was some of the most fun I've had in my life and memories I'll never forget! 

My sweet Dad seeing me for the first time in my wedding dress!

I love those two so, so much.

Eric and his mama :) Can you tell how nervous he was?

I was so nervous walking towards him, wondering if we were doing the right thing. But he smiled at me, we grabbed hands and I was never so sure about anything more in my life. 

<3

One of the sweetest days of my life! 

One of my favorites! 

We rode away on our new motorcycle to our hotel "honeymoon" spot. So much fun! 

My parents booked us a two night stay at this little hotel resort by the beach. It was sweet considering Eric had to be back to base on Monday! 













No comments:

Post a Comment