Friday, January 30, 2015

Because you know I'm all about that food....

...about that food, no gluten ;)
(Sung to melody of "I'm all about that bass.")
Well hey guys!
I've been gathering up a collection of different to share with you guys.
The last few weeks I have been making the greatest I could ever make: my body.
I've been eating mainly non-processed, natural or organic foods, LOTS of greens, fruits and vegetables, and less red meat. Tons of water has also been a huge staple in my new investment.
I'm going on week 4 of t25 and have lost an inch and a half off my waist and gained some arm and leg muscle. Not quite of how many lbs because I refuse to look at the scale. It's not about the numbers for me but rather how I feel. And I'm feeling strong! From the inside and out :) I, most absolutely, have a few week moments and cheat a little more then I want to but it's all about progress!
A lot of people who want to eat an organic and natural variety of foods complain about the price of it all. Yes, it IS more expensive then what I used to buy. I mean let's face it, a bag of organic apples is significantly different in price compared to a bag of M&M's but it's WORTH IT! I thank Jesus for the resources to be able to shop cheap and be blessed enough to eat such good quality food. Here's the first meal for you to check out:
Everything on the salad is organic. Instead of going to a healthy superstore like Whole Foods or 14 Carrot, where there produce is absolutely overpriced, I shop at Walmart or Target for organic goodies. This entire salad is organic minus the Swiss cheese cubes (I'm a beginner too!) and comes from target:
Spring mix lettuce leaves
Tomatoes 
Carrots
Vegan shredded cheese
Swiss cheese cubes 
Natural bacon bits
Edamames 
Italian dressing
The soup that you see in the picture is also from Target. It's organic tomato bisque from Panera! That's right! Target had it on sale for only $1.06 and I got 3! It's deal like that you have to look out for :) and this was so delicious! 

Another thing I hear, and an excuse I've used, is that eating so fresh and good all the time is super time consuming. In a way that's true but what better investment can we make then our own bodies??
 My FAVORITE tool in the kitchen is my crockpot! I can start preparing in the morning and have a delicious meal when dinner time rolls around with all that's left for me to do is set the table! 
For example:
(I'm sorry the picture is turned that way. I'm on my iPad and technology has never been my best friend!)
But anyway, this recipe was super easy, yummy and fast. 
This is called Crockpot Chicken Tortilla soup:
4 pieces of chicken (I trim the fat)
2 cans of organic black beans
1 can of organic kidney beans
1 spoonful of minced garlic
1 can of organic corn
32 oz of organic chicken broth
Cumin to taste
2 cans of organic diced tomatoes

I put all the ingredients in the crock pot on high for 6 hours and about 30 minutes before it was served I pulled apart the chicken with two forks. I sprinkled some vegan shredded cheese and organic, blue corn tortilla chips on top! 
I got ALL the ingredients at Wally World :)

For breakfast I love to do oatmeal (organic, gluten free, and from Target!) topped with cut up apples and a homemade smoothie, made from my nutribullet, on the side.
Sorry again for the picture. 
My smoothie consisted of:
Strawberry, banana Kefir
One banana
5 strawberries
A handful of blueberries
A tablespoon of flax seed

YUM! 
It's an effort to have a healthy lifestyle. It's so much easier to sit on the couch eating Milk Duds then a yogurt for desert or to get your body moving. But I have been seeing a change in my body. I have more energy and just feel stronger! I want to create a healthy environment for Makenna. 
Who by the way has taken a taste of some organic food herself for the first time! 
Don't let that face fool ya, she loved them.

See? :)

I'll be creating a special link on my page where I will more recipes like the ones I've shared so look out for it! Also, if you haven't already, make sure you go and like my Facebook page GFMama for more daily updates from me! Any questions or suggestions, you know where to find me! gfmamaj@gmail.com
Much love! 





P.S. I cannot get enough of mommyhood (if you couldn't tell) so here's some pictures I'd love to share with you
I just love her! For mom or moms-to-be, if you've never considered babywearing, PLEASE do! It's one of my top favorite things to do with Makenna and moments like these that make me love it more. 

Makenna is teething and loves to chomp on anything and everything. She ice cold celery sticks do the trick. (Supervised of course!)


I just love her to pieces!!!!











No comments:

Post a Comment