Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Look Ma, I've won an award!

Hey guys!
I'm so excited to say that The Life of a Gluten Free Mama has received an award!

The Liebster Award is an award for bloggers with 200 or less followers and a huge thank you to Morgan Lewis over at Yellow Door Diaries for the nomination :)
I've loved blogging these past 4 months and plan to continue for as long as I can! I thank all of you who follow and read my posts. I'm blessed!

There are a few rules that go along with this award:

I am nominating two blogs that I've started following:

Laura Waxmon at 
and
Ashley LaCross at
Congratulations ladies! Make sure you check out their blogs and share some love! 
I will post your questions at the bottom but as for now I have mine to answer from Morgan!


1. Who in your life do you most admire? Why?
I would have to say my mom. She comes from rough beginnings and has not let her past dictate who she was going to be as a wife, a mother and a woman. I admire her strength, beauty, (her hair!!) and most importantly her heart. I hope to grow into half the amazing person she is! 

2. Name one new skill you'd like to learn.
I would LOVE to learn how to crochet. I would love to be able to make Makenna a blanket or myself a hat. I'm not crafty so I would need a lot of practice! 

3. What is your all-time favorite book? 
I have been and always will be in love with The Perks of Being a Wallflower. I love the book so much that I actually have NOT seen the movie. I have a perfect picture in my head of what I think everyone looks like and how the story plays out. I still have the same copy of the book when I first got it almost 10 years ago. Even after it fell in a lake ;)

4. Do you have any siblings?
Not by blood! I am an only child but have an amazing sister-in-law that I consider to be my own sister and a best friend!

5. Chocolate or vanilla? 
I love chocolate bars but detest chocolate ice cream. I've always have and always will be a vanilla girl.

6. If you could meet up with anyone for coffee, living or deceased, who would it be?
I have two answers:
First, I would have to choose my great-grandpa. Honestly, I would have Eric tag along with me. They never had a chance to meet before he passed and I know they would've had some great conversation since they are both intelligent and funny men!
Secondly, I'd choose Kari Jobe, the Christian artist. I love her talent, heart and love for Jesus. I feel like we'd be great friends.

7. Describe your perfect Sunday.
Lets see, a perfect Sunday would have to be a morning serving and worshiping at Newspring church to then be able to go home to a warm, home cooked meal (preferably tacos!) and spend the rest of the day outside in the sunshine with my entire family. 

8. What was your first email address or screen name?
Queendancer02520
Haha!!

9. Name one item you carry with you everywhere, all the time.
A love note that my husband wrote me for my birthday one year which includes one of my favorite life verses from the bible. It's one of my most prized "possessions" and I read it whenever I'm missing his company or need a pick me up.

10. Do you have a guilty pleasure? If so, what?
So cliche, but chocolate, chocolate and MORE chocolate! I was never huge into chocolate prior to pregnancy but golly, my hormones just triggered the most intense sweet tooth!

11. Why do you blog? 
I have WAY too many diaries scattered all over our little home; under the bed, in the closet, on the book shelf, etc. While I may not write about my deepest, most personal thoughts, the thought of connecting with other people on a personal level, through my own personal stories, is just so..cool and special to me! I've been able to hear from and connect with people all over the world! Plus I love taking pictures of my food to share and that inspires me to cook a lot more ;)


That was way fun! Now on to 11 random facts about me:
1. I cannot stand odd numbers. No reason, they just make me cringe.
2. I also don't like the sound of dogs licking their noses. The sound irritates me!
3. I was a vegetarian for over 2 years (maybe over 3?) in high school and have no plan on ever doing that again.
4. I've developed a really awful phobia for heights. Being up high anywhere scares the living daylight out of me.
5. I just started following my gluten free diet, religiously after being diagnosed at the age of 12, in December 2012. It took me 10 years...
6. I absolutely love Jesus with all my heart. This growing relationship I have with Him excites me everyday as I see where He is taking me and my life. I need Him more then anything that this world has to offer me. 
7. I want to be a worship leader one day.
8. I have donated over 1000 oz of breast milk to preemies at NICU's across the country.
9. My house must always be clean at all times but my car is an absolute mess.
10. I am in no way a cat person. I love one cat and one cat only. That's my cat and even THAT is questionable sometimes!
11. I've actually become quite shy the older I get. An outgoing introvert I think it's called? :)



Alright so now I have 11 questions for the nominees: 
1. Why did you start blogging?
2. What is your favorite holiday and why?
3. What is your dream vacation?
4. Winter, summer, spring or fall?
5. What is your favorite television show?
6. What is the best way to spend your free time?
7. Your first job ever.
8. What is your favorite genre of music?
9. Dogs or cats?
10. Is there a meaning behind your first name?
11. Favorite childhood memory. 



This was so much fun and thank you again, Morgan, for the chance to do this! Thanks to all my followers and make sure you check out my nominees :)
Much love!














No comments:

Post a Comment