Wednesday, March 25, 2015

All for the love of Jesus


It's no secret as to how much I absolutely and positively love music!
Ever since I was really little, I have been so passionate about music and started piano lessons in the 1st grade. My fascination and love for music just kept growing over the years. In 5th grade I participated in my first musical "Annie" as Annie. The experience is one that I still let me mind wander back to and my love for musical theatre started there. All through middle school and high school I filled my schedule with drama club, choirs, voice lessons, piano lessons and even a few dance lessons here and there. I knew at a young age exactly what I wanted to do with my life. I loved being in the spotlight and my dream for Broadway began.
Living only a 45 minute drive away from New York City was a dream! My parents took me to see countless of Broadway shows and completely supported my dream on wanting to become a Broadway actress.
When I was accepted into the American Musical and Dramatic Academy in Manhattan, I KNEW that my dreams were so close. I was SO certain that I had my future completely planned out and ready to go. I was beginning to see everything I wanted for my life begin to unfold. It was all centered over what I wanted to see happen.
Then, life happened.
I dropped out of AMDA and let me dream slowly disappear for, what I thought, was love at the time. My passion and love for music became a distant memory, the piano in my living room started to collect dust and there were moments when I didn't really care if I ever sang again
Fast forward 4 years. Eric and I started to attend Newspring church and every week I would watch the Worship Band in awe. My soul started to stir and my love for music began to flood my heart again. I prayed and waited for an opportunity to audition or find a way to become part of that team. I wanted, no, NEEDED, to be up there.
But Jesus knew I wasn't ready. He knew that I wasn't going to be up there for the right reasons. Every week this twing in my heart grew. I was on Jesus' time though and in the end, I was ok with that. By that point I became pregnant and knew it wasn't the right time. So for the next 9 months, I just sat back and allowed myself to be led by the Worship band every Sunday. I allowed them to lead Jesus into my heart even more. I started to sing again. I would sing at home, in the mirror, in the car and as loud as I could. It was like years of built emotions just poured out when I would sing. Throughout my entire pregnancy I could see both Eric and I just growing closer and closer with Jesus, as a couple and as individuals! I started to slowly allow Him to take over my future. A future that has already been planned out for me.
When Makenna was born, the thought of being a part of that team slipped my mind until one day day on Facebook, I saw a picture on the Newspring page advertising auditions at all campuses for the Worship band. It was ME this time around that thought it was the wrong time. I was a new mom and didn't know how it could all work.
But Jesus knew. He knew it was time. He pushed it on my heart to audition but I ignored it. I ignored that push until one day He used my husband to push me to audition. I agreed to see what would happen, submitted a video and waited.
I love that it all turned out exactly how and when The Lord wanted it to because last Sunday was my first time up there singing with the Worship band. It was one of the best experiences of my life. I felt His presence with every note I sung. I know that His timing is just perfect! He in no way shape or form wanted me to be up there for, well, me! He wanted me to use what I'm called to do to glorify Him and Him only. To lead people to worship Him and grow closer to Him, just as I was led.  And I wouldn't want it any other way. To have that view, on the stage, to watch others have such an intimate time with Jesus was breathtaking.
My dreams of music has never gone away, it's just changed. Jesus is using my calling and gift of music for something much better then I could have ever planned for myself.
I am so thankful for the plans of mine that He has changed for my good and for His glory.
I am loving all these new experiences He's been putting in my life and I am willing to go and do whatever it is He calls of me. I know that being a part of this team that I can only keep growing; vocally and, most importantly, spiritually.
What plans do you feel have been altered, in a good way? What gifts have you been given that you feel you can use in your life?
Never give up on your dreams! Just because the timeline of events in your life may be different than you imagined doesn't mean your dreams cannot become a reality. Put your trust in the One who can and wants to help you :)
I would love to hear thoughts, comments or if you need an ear, I'm here: gfmamaj@gmail.com.
And seriously, thank you to all who follow this blog. Putting myself out there as been surprisingly easy and rewarding and I have all of you to thank!

*One more thing. I posted a picture of Makenna on Instagram yesterday (amandaljanson if you want to find me!) of her in her new Zipade Zip sleeper. Let me tell you..it's amazing! She only woke up once last night, which is a miracle since she wasn't swaddled. I just put her down for a nap before writing this post and she fell asleep, BY HERSELF and with NO PACI, in less than 5 minutes.
Click HERE to browse their website. Check out the FAQ for more information on the product and tips for sizing. It's also a small business run by a wife and husband so that's awesome to support!




No comments:

Post a Comment