Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Home IS where the heart is

“I am not saying this because I am in need, for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do all this through him who gives me strength.” Philippians 4:11-13 

Eric and I have been longing to be home owners. We love the idea of making such a huge purchase, that we have worked for, together. Of starting to plant roots for our family and just make a house our own. It has been a long and frustrating road. One minute I feel peace about the situation and the next, I'm crying into a pillow because of where we are living now.
But the more I pray over this verse, the more I look at the big picture, the more I talk to The Lord about this situation and the more that I TRUST His timing...the more I am
CONTENT.
I was thinking about our housing situation last night (again!) while giving my daughter a bath. I watched her play, laugh and splash in her little bath tub, chewing on her rubby duckie. I thought to myself how blessed I am to have a safe, warm and happy place for my daughter to do something as simple as take a bath. She has a small but BEAUTIFUL nursery that was painted and decorated with love and by family. My little family was able to take a walk with each other, in the sunshine, and feed ducks at a near by pond. Eric and I have a comfy and safe place to lay our head down at night when we go to sleep.
For the past two years, since we started trying to buy a home, I have pouted and have been so bitter over not having a home without even thinking of what home REALLY is. 
A home is a place filled with the most sweetest God-given love. A place where my daughter can learn and develop, as well as, Eric and I! A place where we can make memories and share laughs, tears and prayer. I've lost sight of what a home is supposed to be and got caught up in the material aspect of it.
I know that Jesus has our future in the palm of His hands and who better right?! It's so hard to loosen the grips of control on some situations but keeping the simple fact in my head that He ONLY wants good things for our life, makes trusting Him easier.
A house is coming; our plans of landscaping, decorating and hosting holidays is coming. But in the mean time we have a HOME and that is way more important.
Learning to be content with what I have is learning not to look at the lives of others with envy. To look at others, who may have what you dream of , and be pleased that God is fulfilling His plan for them as well! Plus, why would God trust ME with whats's next if I can't be content with all that He's blessed me with already?
I strive to use my "waiting time" to grow closer to God and lean on Him, which at the end of the day, is what He really wants.
I am proud of how Eric and I, with much help, have made our situation be the best it can be!

Are you waiting for something? A new season in life? A new job? Maybe a relationship? I can promise you that you are no where near waiting alone. Share your thoughts, hopes and dreams with me any time you'd like! gfmamaj@gmail.com
Remember His plan > ours. Always! 
Much love!
-Check out my recipes page that has two new yummy and gluten free recipes that I added! :)


Here are some pictures from our little family walk. I'm always thankful for the time we have together as a family because there are some weeks it's far and few :)
Makenna loves being outside!

I love this open view of the sun setting that I am so blessed to see almost every evening :)

Makenna and her daddy feeding the ducks! 

No comments:

Post a Comment