Thursday, April 9, 2015

Called to be BOLD

We ALL have fears about something.
Whether it be spiders (seriously!), clowns, heights, animals, etc.
Sometimes it's more serious things like dying, cancer, divorce, love. (Yes I said love)
Over the past few years I could describe myself as coming a bit more "wimpy." I know that sounds a little harsh but it's nothing but truth. I have allowed the hurt of my past completely take over how bold and courageous I used to be with everything; music, new adventures but most importantly, people.
I have almost been scared to make friends; to allow people in or go out and be that social butterfly I once was. I have a fear of rejection and of others not liking me. A fear of letting someone too close, they take what they need from me and then leave. I was that way when I met Eric and I'm still struggling with it with other people.
This once outgoing and friendly girl is now shy and meek.
I absolutely love being a follower of Jesus. I love how I have a forever best friend. Someone that finds a way to hold me accountable, to guide me and, well, having somebody die for you is a pretty big deal so questioning His loyalty just isn't something I do anymore. I just love how He reaches me right where I am, without missing a beat.
Where am I going with this?
Last month, I was reading a devotion and it was focused around this verse:
Such a GREAT verse.
I started to think hard about MY boldness; if my fears were getting in the way of what I wanted to do with my life. If my fears were keeping me from friendships, dreams, or just going out and reaching the lost like He asks me to do. I was getting frustrated because I knew I wasn't being strong and courageous like I wanted to. 
Just then, on Pandora, Courageous by Casting Crowns came on. 
We were made to be courageous
We were made to lead the way
We could be the generation
That finally breaks the chains
We were made to be courageous
We were made to be courageous

We were warriors on the front lines
Standing, unafraid
But now we're watchers on the sidelines
While our families slip away

I love this song. I've heard it before and knew what the meaning of the song was but never directly applied it to my life. Jesus knew exactly what I needed to hear and when I needed to hear it. It put a spark in my heart. A spark that only He could've ignited. 

I know that I don't need to be afraid of anything. I can do anything with His strength and courage that He gives me.
Since that moment, it has been made clear that I'm being called into ministry. I have applied and been accepted into a college to keep furthering my education. I ran a 5K, started to volunteer in a few different areas at church and I even made some new mommy friends :)
We are given only a short amount of borrowed time here on this earth. I want to make the most out of it and the gifts that Jesus has given me. I can't do that while hiding in my house, away from the world because of a fear of rejection or getting hurt.
Look at what Jesus went through while trying to teach a message. He was hated on, ridiculed, beaten and then faced death. All so that I can continue his teachings and love on as many people as I can.

Do you have any fears? Anything you feel is holding you back from living your life? 
He calls us to be bold for a reason, and we NEED to know that He has our back! 
So go and be bold. Go out for that job you were thinking about. or go for hike up a mountain you've been wanting to check out or even go to a circus and take a picture with a clown. Haha!
Whatever it may be, I know you can do it and He knows too! He'll let you know if you're not going down the right path.
Thoughts, comments, questions?
gfmamaj@gmail.com
Much love to you!




P.S. Check out Courageous by Casting Crowns:










No comments:

Post a Comment