Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Inhale love, exhale gratitude

I absolutely adore this time of year. The chill in the air starts to set in for winter, everyone is busy holiday shopping, and families are getting together for one very special dinner of thanks! It's crazy to think that this time last year, I was already pregnant with Makenna and didn't even know it. Now she's here and I'm able to hold my sweet babe while stuffing my face with turkey this year.
I am so thankful for all that has happened in our lives this past year. I shamefully realize how much I take for granted every single day. Yes my roof may leak when it rains, but it's still shelter from the cold. My car may be in the shop every other month, but I am still able to get around. I may get my yearly sinus infection but for the most part, my family and I have our health. We may not be rich but my husband has an amazing job that's able to take care of us and provide us with an amazing, stable life. When times get hard, I don't always remember how great I really have it. God has blessed my little family with so much and I should recognize and be thankful for all of it every single day of the year.
Let us come before him with thanksgiving and extol him with music and song.  For the LORD is the great God, the great King above all gods. 

Psalm 95:2-3

With all the hate that has spread all over the news the past few days, this leads me to want to jump into my community even more. To take this relationship I have with Jesus by the hand and bring it everywhere I possibly can. I have been feeling even more appreciative of where I am at emotionally and spiritually today. This country needs love. This world needs love. Why not pour that sweet love we have inside of us to those who so desperately need it most this upcoming holiday season? And when the holidays are over, lets carry that with us wherever we go. There are so many places and opportunities where we can extend a loving and lending hand. I challenge all of you to take time this holiday season to reach out to anyone you may feel needs it.
Life can be made beautiful no matter what hand we are dealt. Focus on what you DO have tomorrow and what others would do anything for.
I pray all of you have a warm and happy Thanksgiving with whoever you may be spending it with. May your belly be full and your heart even fuller.
Much love to you all!

Five more things I am thankful for:
*A place to call home
*Our health
*How much progress Eric and I have made in our marriage
*Date nights
*Grace



No comments:

Post a Comment