Thursday, November 13, 2014

The Bronze Award (And some sweet potato chili)


Hey y'all! It has been a few days since I've posted and I have been just so busy! Between holiday shopping, Makenna, and just life, I haven't had any time to take a breath. But today I am sick and am taking the day off from all respsonsibilities outside the home.
Tomorrow this sweet little nugget will be turning 3 MONTHS OLD!
Where in the world is the time going?? I am adoring every single moment spent with this girl. She has taught me so much about myself these last few months. It absolutely amazes me how The Lord can use somebody so tiny to reach my heart and touch my life even more. My heart just overflows with love for my precious munchkin :)
Tomorrow also marks a milestone for my sweet Makenna and I! We are rewarded with the sweet satisfaction of this:

That's right! Three months of pumping milk for my daughter. The adventure of pumping, like most, started off rough.  I wanted to nurse. I had the desire the nurse since I knew I wanted to be a mother. Makenna just couldn't latch no matter how much we tried. I couldn't imagine having to hook myself up to that darn machine every three hours and the thought exhausted me! But, as always, God had other plans though and for good reason (of course). Since September of my pumping journey I have 
been able to pump more then what Makenna was eating. I am so happy that I will be able to donated 498.93 extra ounces to a milk bank that uses that milk for premature babies. Wow!! God is SO 
amazing right??! I hope that I'm able to donate more in the future and that Makenna and I can make it to the silver award! It's been such a joy to be able to have Makenna drink my milk AND have Eric feed her. They are just too cute!
So I was struggling with what to make for dinner tonight. Since I'm not feeling well, I thought a nice and warm crockpot meal would suffice. I had defrosted chicken breasts ready to use in the fridge and two sweet potatoes I need to use before they went bad. What's a girl to make? I hopped on pintrest and typed in "chicken sweet potato crockpot" and my future dinner was the first thing that popped up! 
Sweet potato chicken chili
I know, I know that sounds super odd but let me tell you, it's cooking in my crockpot as we speak and it smells AMAZING! 
This what it's supposed to look like and I hope mine looks almos the same:

Now I didn't quite follow what they did on the pintrest recipe so I'll share my version:
Ingrediants:
-4 chicken breasts
-2 large sweet potatoes 
-two teaspoons of minced garlic
-1 can of Kidney beans (undrained)
-1 can of black beans (undrained)
-1 cup of diced tomatoes
-1 chopped banana pepper
*a scoop of sour cream or Greek yogurt to top it off with
(Not sure which one I'm using yet!)

I put the chicken on the bottom of the crockpot. Then the sweet potatoes (cut into 1" pieces), and then the beans, vegetables, and garlic! It's been on the low setting for about 3 hours now and I'll cook it all for a total time of about 6-8 hours. I'll then shred the chicken with fork and enjoy a nice big bowl! 
I know it'll turn out yummy and Eric is not the least bit picky with his food and usually enjoys my new recipes. I hope anyone who tries it, enjoys it as well! Let me know if you liked it :)

Well I'm ending today's post with five more things that I am most thankful for, as I did the last post. Any questions, comments or chats you may want to have, just shoot me an email: gfmamaj@gmail.com. 
Much love!!

5 things I'm thankful for:
1) My mommy to bring me soup when I'm sick
2) Decaf green tea
3) My new spot on the worship team at Newspring Church (YAY!!!!!)
4) The amount of guidance I get from the bible
5) Doc McStuffins to keep Makenna occupied
















No comments:

Post a Comment