Saturday, November 1, 2014

Oh the weather outside is..delightful!

Hey y'all! 
Happy Saturday and Happy November!
The first of the month is always my favorite time to set new goals and this months goal will be so really start shedding away those baby lbs! I'm eating good, I just need to start moving more. I'm determined to make this month, the month! Any workout tips my fellow moms may have are more then welcome to throw some my way :)
So today, we woke up to this:

This was the last thing I expected to see when I woke up to feed Makenna this morning and even now at 3:30 in the afternoon, it's not even 45 degrees and very windy! The snow was so pretty and hey, fun fact: 
It hasn't snowed in SC, in November, since 1913! So we are a part of some very cool history. It was Makenna's first snow and she didn't like the cold too much!

I trust that everyone had a safe and Happy Halloween! Eric had to work late and out of town yesterday so Makenna and I spent the evening at my parents. Their neighbors create this haunted yard every year and it was hilarious to see them scaring the "big kids" trick or treating last night. Here was one character. I'm sure you'll know who he was:
Michael Myers! Very freaky. It was a fun night and my little Halloween treat was the cutest skeleton ever!
November is such a special time of year as we celebrate Thanksgiving and prepare for Christmas! (Is it too early to put up the decorations?? My mom voted YES!) I've already gotten a jump start on holiday shopping so I can enjoy our time the closer it gets to Christmas. I am so excited to celebrate it this year with our sweet baby!
So in honor of this being the most thankful year of the month, at the end of each post I will put 5 things I am thankful until Thanksgiving. And I encourage all of you to do the same :)
I am thankful for:
1) My health
2) My family
3) Cloth diapers
4) Eric's amazing job
5) Our animals 
We have been easing our way into cloth diapers and it is going so well! Not hard at all to catch on to and Makenna just looks adorable in them.
I hope all of y'all are having a great weekend and a good start to the month! Feel free to let me know some of YOUR goals for the new month or anything else that may be on your mind. (gfmamaj@gmail.com) Ya'll are awesome!
Much love!



No comments:

Post a Comment