Sunday, November 30, 2014

My heart is filled with more then just turkey!

Happy Post Thanksgiving! 
I trust that your day of food, family, friends and thanks was a great one.
Ours was one for the books because we had our sweet little turkey this year! Despite Makenna not feeling well, she was happy the entire day. Our family loved being around her and she was passed around quite a bit to get a little bit of love from everyone. By the end of the evening, we still followed her nightly routine of bath and bottle at 7:30 pm and she fell asleep just like this in her daddy's old childhood room:
So now that we (well at least The Janson family) have officially entered the holiday season, I am SO excited! Christmas shopping for a baby is the best and most fun. I never want to rush Makenna growing up but I look forward to when she is old enough to understand the real meaning behind Christmas.
Christmas last year meant the most to me then it had any other year. It was my first Christmas celebrating as a saved Christian. I focused more on the fact that it was to celebrate the birth of my Lord and Savior then the Hallmark aspect of it. (And of course finding out we were pregnant!!!)
To think of what God gave to us that night when Jesus was born is overwhelming and the more my relationship grows with him, the more I am absolutely in love with this holiday. I will do all I can as a mother and a servant to God to teach our children how important and special Christmas really is without all the presents and "getting." How important it is to, not only give all year around but especially through the holiday season. I hope they grow to learn and love Jesus as much as Eric and I do :) My heart feels so warm and full of love going into this holiday season. I cannot wait to see what this Christmas brings for our family and also for our church!
These past four days have been so nice having Eric around. With him working and being away so much, it's always nice and important to make time as a family to build our own memories around this time. And these past few days, we sure have! We finished decorating our little fifth wheel with what we could fit. It'll be nice to have a home next year where we can put up a Christmas tree and lights. All in do time ;)
Last night we had a fire over at my parents house. We had peppermint, hot cocoa and s'mores in front of the fire pit and it was a nice time. Family really is so important to me and I am blessed to have a husband that feels the same way! I look forward to so many wonderful years as a family and I can't wait to watch it grow. 
Here are a few pictures from our time together these past few days:
Our wonderful turkey that my in-laws made for Thanksgiving. They are SUPER good chefs!!!

We got together with our bible study friends for some desert and fellowship the following night. Caught Eric in the act of eating his 20th cookie, haha, and there's our friend Sam in the background! 
Our sweet baby slept in her crib for the first time last night and I totally cried. She is getting so big, so fast!! I love her to pieces!
The awesome fire my dad and Eric made. There's our yummy s'mores plate!
(For gluten free smores, I just used two pieces of Hershey's mini chocolate bars to sandwich a marshmallow! YUM!)

I hope all of you had some nice time off this week so spend with those who matter most to you!And as we enter the holiday season with full force, remember to not get so caught up in all the presents and decorations, etc. Think about giving more then you'll receive this year. Head over to your local soup kitchen or homeless shelter and really spend time with those that need the love and grace, that Jesus equips us with, the most! I hope you all have a great Sunday and as always I'm here for you to reach out to about anything: gfmamaj@gmail.com
MUCH LOVE xoxo


Just a little something to make you LOL!




















No comments:

Post a Comment