Sunday, October 5, 2014

Goodbye little, green monster!

I was going to take today off but Eric went to play tennis and Makenna is sleeping. So since I'm already attached to my pump (I exclusively pump milk for my daughter!) I thought I'd share a major thought of mine for you this morning.
Jealousy. We ALL have moments of jealousy. I know I do! That little, green monster can overwhelm me sometimes. It's such an easy emotion to feel and one of the ugliest. You know what jealously is for me? Counting the blessings of others and ignoring my own. I do this more times I want to admit. 
For example:
Eric and I have been building ourselves up to be able to buy a house and are currently living in our 5th wheel until we are able to. We have made the place such a home and have transformed the extra room we have into a nursery for Makenna. It's actually quite beautiful inside our 5th wheel but it still doesn't stop me from being envious of those that have an actual house to live in. To see others have a yard all their own and so much space makes me cringe of how much I want that for my little family. 
But the past few months, after much prayer about the situation, God transformed my heart into being content with where we are. And has me knowing that He's not ready for us to have that blessing yet but to be hopeful in knowing it will happen. I still yearn for the day I can go crazy at Hobby Lobby to decorate my home but for the mean time, my jealousy has been put aside and I'm just blessed to say that we have a roof over our heads while many do not. 
I've noticed that jealously happens quite often within the female group. Yesterday at the festival, I noticed it a lot. One girl would scan another's outfit or give another a dirty look for talking to a guy she clearly wanted to talk to. 
REAL WOMEN EMPOWER EACH OTHER! 
We need to stop being so cruel, stop being so judgmental and stop being do jealous! 
I've made my fair share of mistakes. I've ruined friendships over my own selfish flaws. But The Lord has helped me mature. A lot. And yes, I still need to watch my feelings when it comes to wanting what other women have or even being judgmental but I'm coming to know more and more that all of us are beautiful. We all have our own purpose in life, set by a Father who loves us all equally. 
So what am I getting it at? (I'm a rambler!)
Be thankful for what you have! Know that we are in the exact moment, season or trial that we're in for a reason that we will find out one day! God equally wants only good things for His children. If someone else has something you desire for, be happy for them instead of resorting to jealously. Look at all you have now and think about how many people would love to have it. 
We are so blessed; all of us. Life can be so beautiful if we allow it. And sometimes it's easier to focus on how much further we have to go then how far we've come. 
Be kind to one another. 
Respect their blessings and count all of yours :) 
And remember, if you need anything, I'm here! aljanson819@gmail.com 
I would love to hear today what some of your biggest blessings are! 
Have a great Sunday and GO GIANTS! 
Much love! 


No comments:

Post a Comment