Friday, October 17, 2014

The 10 things I like about...me!

Hello there and happy Friday!
For as long as I can remember I, like most humans, have always been my worst critic. I judge myself over everything I do, put myself down and I'm just down right mean to, well, me!
While I'm still pretty hard on myself, I'm growing to love more of the things God blessed me with when He created me. Motherhood has brought this out a lot. A new sense of drive, determination and motivation. A new sense to want to be someone others can look up to; especially my daughter. I don't want her growing up seeing how I treat myself and end up following my lead.
So I'm making a list. A public declaration of 10 things about me that I like. I'm going to write it out and post it where I can view it everyday! A reminder of how fine tuned I am to have been made exactly how God wanted me to be. Here it goes!
10 things:
1) I like how well I've adapted to motherhood
2) I like the singing voice I was blessed with
3) I like my feet
4) I like my ability to love as hard as I do
5) I like my big, brown eyes
6) I like how I play the piano
7) I like how far I've come as a person so far in my 20's
8) I like my cooking
9) I like how I dance, even if I'm embarrassing
10) I like my body and the amazing things it can do

So there it is! Not easy for me to write, especially that last one. Because when I look in the mirror it's hard to be happy. I see stretch marks and loose skin that are the remains of my big preggo belly.
But it tells a story. A story of how I carried life for 9 months. It reminds me that I am beautiful!
It stills gives me motivation to work out and eat right but that's ok. My point is that there is no more pressure to fit back into my size 2, pre pregnancy jeans. It took 9 months to grow my sweet baby and it might take 9 months to bounce back. I'm happy to say that I'm really ok with that!

We all need to cut ourselves some slack. Whether it's about our bodies, upcoming or past changes, a job, parenthood!
My house is a mess, there's dishes in the sink, my bed isn't made and my napping daughter has a foul smell coming from her diaper.
IT'S OK!!!!
I'm doing great and the best I can as a mom, a wife, a daughter, a friend and a Christian! I'm going to make mistakes; I have made mistakes. I've hurt people, I've hurt God and I've hurt myself. And I may never fit into those old size 2 jeans but I'm still going to give myself a pat on the back.
Life is constantly a work in progress and it's almost like I'm Gods project. I will take 5 steps forward only to take 6 steps back. But I'm learning. We all are. I've come a long way from a person I used to be so ashamed of. As much as I'm learning to forgive and love others, I'm doing the same for myself.
So whatever it is you're struggling with, on a personal level, it's ok. It will all be ok because YOU ARE GREAT!
How about you write a list? And put it where you can see it, like on your mirror or your wallet. Remind yourself that all the good things about you outweigh the negative.
If you want to share it with me, send in a prayer request or just let off some steam, my email is always open: aljanson819@gmail.com
Smile, you're great and beautiful :)
Much love!

These two give me reasons to feel beautiful and wonderful everyday! ❤️
















No comments:

Post a Comment