Tuesday, October 7, 2014

His plans>my plans

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares The Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." -Jeremiah 29:11

Wow! Before I start let me just say that this is one of my favorite bible verses. I have a horrible time memorizing scripture but for some reason this one has no problem sticking in my mind permantely. And for good reason!
My whole life has been nothing but following a plan (whether I knew it or not) that God has had designed for me long before I even came to this earth. Plans that, at the time, I didn't always agree with and it wasn't till years later I saw how important every step was that I took to get me to the place I'm in now.
 For example:
Anyone that knows me well knows how passionate I am about music. I spent my entire school career preparing for the big world to make it as a broadway star. I trained, practiced and worked my way into a very prestigious musical theatre school called the American Musical and Dramatic Academy (a.k.a. AMDA) in Manhattan. I remember receiving my acceptance letter and feeling on top of the world and so excited to finally be starting my journey to my dream. Nothing could have possibly stopped me right?!
Wrong.
When it was time for me to go to AMDA in October 2008, I went with baggage. At this point it doesn't matter what that baggage consisted of, but I spent my first semester at my dream school missing what I left behind in my hometown instead of taking advantage of all the city and AMDA had to offer me. This led to me dropping out after my first semester and then eventually leaving NYC altogether and moving back home.
I abandoned my school, my life in the city but most importantly, I abandoned my dream over something so silly. Does this make me sad to think about what I threw away? Absolutely. Regrets? No way.
His plan overruled the one that I had for my life.
It's all lead me to where I am now. It has all been part of Gods plan for me. He knew everything was going to happen exactly the way it did. He knew the trials and heartache I would soon face that year and summer of 2009 would bring me to North Carolina where I met and married the love of my life. The pain of not being able to conceive for two years was all part of His plan when we finally were able to get pregnant and had our beautiful daughter. He has always come through and why wouldn't He?! My God is an amazing God.
Trials and seasons are a way to build us up; make us stronger.
It's not easy but I am learning to trust my life into Gods hands more and more. That He wants ONLY good things for my life. And that I need to let go and let His plan for me continuously fall into place.
I am so thankful for where I am now and as for my passion? He will bring me back to it when the time is right. Lately I've been feeling that He is about to bring me into a new season and I've been wanting to get back into my music more and more. So I decided to try out for my church's worship band! Whether it happens or not, it felt great just to have that sensation of auditioning for something again. It lit a spark in my heart again, just like He knew it would.
I'll give y'all an opportunity to hear it yourself in today's post!
If you're struggling with confusion, fear or even anger as to where you are in your life now, remember to trust! Trust that the God who gave you life, wants nothing more then to see you happy and successful. Put your faith in His plan.
As always my email is always available and so am I at aljanson819@gmail.com. I'll always pray with or for you and would love to hear of how God is working in your life! Hope you are all having a great start to the week.
Much love!


Here is the link to my audition video. Thank you much for reading watching!
Audition Song



No comments:

Post a Comment