Monday, October 27, 2014

The Happy Challenge

Hey y'all!
I hope you all had a fabulous weekend! Ours was great. We were able to hang out with family quite a bit this weekend, which always makes me happy. Church was fantastic yesterday and the message, as always, left such an impression on my heart that I hope to carry throughout my week. For anyone that is ever looking for a great church, please check out Newspring Church online and I promise you won't regret it.
So I was challenged by a follower, on instagram, to write the 10 things that make me the happiest! This is in no specific order and I challenge all of you to do the same!
1) My faith:
I love my growing relationship with God. I am honored to be the child of a King! I'm constantly looking for my next step with Him and love how far we've come.
2) My family:
I LOVE family. I'd spend and see them all every day if I could. There is nothing like getting together with those that we love most and seeing them with Makenna.
3) DIY:
I am no an artistic person whatsoever but I love finding things to make on Pintrest. My daughters whole nursery is one giant Pintrest project.
4) Food:
I love to eat. I love to cook; especially the better I get at it. I try out new and healthy recipes all the time and love it.
5) My animals:
I am not a cat person and living with an 85 lb weimaner in a fifth wheel is not easy but I love animals; especially my own! They were our first "babies" after all.
6) Music:
Even if it's just in the car, acting goofy, I LOVE to sing and play piano. Music has and always will be such a huge part of my life. In fact, my new serving position at Newspring Church will be to sing and act with the kids in Kidspring. I am SO excited to teach them Jesus on their level especially through the best way I know how.
7) Driving:
I know that sounds silly but to me there is nothing like rolling the windows down on a beautiful day, putting on some country music and go cruising down some back roads. I did this way more before Makenna was born and even before I was pregnant. Eric and I would drive anywhere to see where we'd end up and just talk. Those days are so sweet to me.
8) Friendship:
I've learned a lot about myself through friendships I've either had in the past or have now. There are some friends that are so close to my heart, no matter how often we talk. I believe God brings people into your life for a reason; (We all know I'm about His reasons!) whether it's for a lifetime or just for a season. I am so thankful for all friends that I have, both past and present.
9) My marriage:
I love doing life with my sweet husband. I love how he makes me feel and I love the amazing guy he is and always continues to become. As you can tell, he's one of my favorite subjects to write about. He's definitely a huge reason for my happiness.
10) Motherhood:
This little girl right here is the light of my life. Makenna has taught me so much about myself more then anything or anyone.To think Eric and I created something so beautiful just overwhelms me. I am so blessed and thankful that God chose me to be her mommy. Motherhood is beautiful, stressful, amazing, fun, tiring and demanding of my patience but to watch her grow up and know that we are shaping her life just completes me!!
God gives us so much to be happy and grateful for everyday. Church yesterday reminded me of how beautiful my life is because of Jesus and how much joy He wants for me in my life. I could have listed 50 more things as to what makes me happy but these are the 10 that matter the most.
I would LOVE to hear from you all the 10 things that make you the happiest! Send an email (aljanson819@gmail.com) or write a comment.
I hope you all have an amazing day and hey! If you have a Facebook, make sure you find my new blog page and like it by clicking this link:
Your support is much appreciated and gives me a reason to keep writing. Have a great start to the week!
Much love!!

No comments:

Post a Comment